Monday, January 13, 2014

Lost in time

Hello internet!

I've been away for awhile working on projects big and small, amazing and disappointing, etc, etc.
I'm going to try and get into the habit of updating this blog semi-regularly and hopefully enriching both of our lives with more art, paintings, stories, sketches, music, and all of that other stuff people blog about... except cute animals or food. I don't think there will be much of that.
Here's a few things I've worked on that you may or may not have seen.


This was a poster I made for the bay area band Buzzmutt



An acrylic painting titled "Waves". Since I've left school my painting style has become much looser and I've taken much greater inspiration from classical impressionist and contemporary favorites of mine such as Ashley Wood  and Yoji Shinkawa.





Another untitled acrylic painting from the same series as Waves.




This an acrylic painting titled "Rough Patch". It's a more abstract style than I usually work with but it felt appropriate at the time. The painting itself deals with themes of corruption and purity colliding.
Or something.


That's all for now,
I'm currently working on two new paintings and will be updating this again (hopefully) soon with music and other nonsense.



No comments:

Post a Comment